2009 – 2010 Membership Requirements
Membership in National Honor Society is recognized throughout the country as both a public recognition of accomplishment and a private commitment to continued excellence. Members of National Honor Society are expected to demonstrate their commitment to scholarship, service, leadership, and character. The following sections outline the minimum requirements for membership in the Seattle Preparatory chapter of the National Honor Society.
Each member should continue to maintain a minimum of 3.5 cumulative GPA. Failure to maintain this will mean membership is terminated. In the case that membership is terminated, a student may re-apply to National Honor Society the following year if their GPA returns to 3.5 or above.
II. Organizational Commitment to Service, Leadership, & Character
In addition to your personal project, you will be expected to demonstrate your commitment to the National Honor Society organization through your active participation in group activities. Your commitment will include (but is not limited to):
- Attending all National Honor Society meetings
- Assisting with Back-to-School nights
- Assisting with Seattle Prep’s open house
- Academic/Co-curricular Awards Assembly
- Participating in group fund-raisers, service projects, and activities
- participating in the peer tutoring/editing program