Seating chart: Want a preview of where your graduate will be on the Benaroya stage? Click here for a seating chart. Students seated in rows 1,3,5, and 7 will march in (and out) on the right aisle (your right as you face the stage). Students seated in rows 2, 4, 6, and 8 will march in and out on the left aisle.
A few tips from a parent who has been through it four times:
* Girls should wear the same shoes they will use graduation night to the rehearsal that morning.
* Don't forget comfortable shoes in the change of clothing for the all-night party.
* Benaroya does not allow helium balloons. Do not bring balloons to graduation.
* Students can not leave ANYTHING backstage at Benaroya. All cell phones, wallets, purses, cameras, etc. need to be left with their family before the student heads backstage.
* Your student should come and find you and deliver their good clothes and cap and gown to you after they change into their party clothes.
* The Benaroya lobby will be very crowded after the ceremony (see picture below). Plan for it! Especially if you have family members with mobility issues. Plan a place to meet your graduate after the ceremony perhaps in a side aisle, upper balcony, or outside the lobby.
Questions?: Answers to frequently asked questions and a calendar of events were included in the mailing with the tickets. Click here to view those documents.
Still have questions?
About Baccalaureate Mass: Contact Prep Community Ministry.
About the Senior Grad Party following the ceremony: Parent Association rep Lisa Piper at 206-860-9070 or email@example.com.
About cap or gown or announcements: National Achiever Services 1-800-800-4083
Other questions: Contact Karla Bocek in the Prep Academic Office.
Tickets: Thirteen tickets were mailed last month to the address we have on file as the student's address. Have extra tickets to graduation? Need extra tickets? Email Karla Bocek at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will attempt to put those who need tickets in touch with those who have extra tickets. At this point she has a long list of families needing more and very few who have offered extra.
May 24th: Goodbye Assembly NOTE TIME HAS CHANGED to 9:00am in the gym. Parents welcome. You might want to bring a handkerchief though. It is a very moving and emotional good-bye!
May 24th: 10:30am to 12:30pm Baccalaureate Mass rehearsal at St. Joseph Church, 732 18th Avenue East, Seattle.
May 31st: 8am Graduation rehearsal at Benaroya Hall, 200 University Street, Seattle. Students are responsible for their own parking fees.
The main events:
Baccalaureate Mass: Thursday, May 30, 2013: 7pm (Students arrive by 6:15pm dressed in gown only - no caps and no National Honor Society cords). St. Joseph Church, 732 18th Avenue East on Capitol Hill in Seattle.
Graduation: Friday, May 31, 2013; 7:30pm (Doors open at 6:30pm, students arrive by 6:45pm). Benaroya Hall, 200 University Street in downtown Seattle. Admission will be by ticket only. Each student was issued 13 tickets.
All Night Party: Immediately follows the graduation ceremony.
GradImages is the official photographer for our Commencement. Proofs will be sent to your home and via email within three to five days after graduation. Pictures can be ordered online, by phone or by mail. Graduation Images can be contacted at 800-261-2576 or via email at http://www.gradimages.com/.
Benaroya Lobby after Cornish Graduation (About the same number of people as Prep)
Class of 2014 mark your calendars: Baccalaureate Mass will be Monday, May 26th at St. James Cathedral. Graduation will be Tuesday, May 27th in Benaroya Hall.